Wednesday, October 2

Apples Everywhere

Happy October, happy fall everyone!  Hope you all are enjoying this nice weather we are having.  I know we did this past weekend!  We drove up to the north GA mountains with my sister-in-law and her family to Reece's Apple Orchard, in Ellijay, GA.  Picking apples has always been on my list of things to do and now that we have Alyssa, I hope this would be the start of fun new traditions.  Alyssa's cousins were on a mission picking baby sized apples for her - too bad she doesn't like apples!  I think we ended up with half the bag full of baby sized apples!    We had such a good time hiking through the orchard picking fresh apples, I know we will be back next year!
 


 
 









If you are in the market for some fresh mountain air and apples, I would recommend driving up to Ellijay.  And on your way home from a day of picking apples, I would recommend stopping by Mike's Ellijay Restaurant for some good country food!  We never leave Ellijay without stopping by.  I LOVE their rib eye!!!  It is so good my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!  And for dessert, you have to try their homemade peanut butter pie!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment