Thursday, June 18

Glass Etching

I have been wanting to try my hand at glass etching for a long time and finally had the opportunity today.  Not only was it easy to do but I was also able to complete Park's Father's Day present!  I'm so excited about this project and can't wait to give it to him!

I used my Cameo to cut out the stencil and removed the letters.  Then I applied the vinyl to the glass and used the scraper to make sure all the edges are all pressed down to help prevent bleeding.  


I used Armour Etching cream and applied liberally.  I couldn't find the direction on the bottle on how long to leave the cream on but during some of my research on glass etching, I read to leave it for a few minutes.  I think I left it for maybe 30 minutes.  Whoops...I kind of forgot about it!  


After about 30 mins, I washed off the cream and peeled the vinyl off and this is what I got.  I LOVE how it looks!!! 


Here is the finished product!  I'm so looking forward to giving him this frame.  He has been asking for more pictures of the kids since he moved into his own office and that was a few months ago.  So now he has this personalized picture frame he can show off!  Happy Father's Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment